Our consultants have broad and deep sector knowledge through the life cycle of a power project from consenting, real estate issues and construction to government support mechanisms, grid connections, operations and health & safety, to decommissioning.
We can advise project developers, owners, investors, and energy purchasers during all stages of project development, acquisition, financing, and ongoing operations, as well as on novel issues under industry regulations.
We understand that competitive markets and sector structures continue to evolve, that reliability issues and standards are high priorities for all industry stakeholders, and that Ofgem (the UK electricity regulator) has enhanced oversight and enforcement powers.
- Advised a Middle Eastern government agency in relation to the development of a 1,025MW combined-cycle power plant and associated seawater desalination plant on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis.
- Advised an international energy company on a gas-fired power project in Mato Grosso, Brazil, including the power purchase agreement with a distribution company offtaker.
- Advised an international energy company on the sell down of a substantial piece of its equity participation in a South Asian power project.
- Advised an international energy company on its bid to construct and operate a power and water desalination plant in the Arabian Gulf.
- Advised the senior lenders in relation to various independent power projects, including merchant power plants, in the UK and Turkey.