The experience of our consultants includes advising on joint venture agreements (both incorporated and unincorporated); Front End Engineering Design and engineering, procurement, and construction; technology licensing; tolling; feedstock/fuel supply arrangements; transportation; and operating and maintenance, as well as the full complement of debt and equity financing. Examples of our consultants' experience are as follows:
- Advised the Welsh Office, on its first concession-based BOT scheme, which comprised the design, building, operation and maintenance of the A55 trunk road forming part of the EU "Trans-European Network" (TEN) programme. The basis of the lending was a UK sovereign "shadow toll" revenue stream with performance-related adjustments.
- Advised the Master Developers of a major urban development to create a new city on the Caspian coast. The role has involved undertaking extensive due diligence in relation to local real estate, urban development, zoning, constitutional and tax laws. The project comprised the construction of a new airport, sea port, public utilities and other infrastructure and private commercial, industrial, retail, leisure and residential premises.
- Advised a Middle Eastern national oil company in relation to its joint venture with certain Japanese oil companies to develop crude oil storage facilities at the Port of Kiire, Japan.
- Advised the senior lenders (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and DEG - Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH) for syndicated non-recourse term loan facilities to finance the construction of water treatment facilities in connection with a concession granted by the City of Bucharest.
- Advised the European Investment Bank (EIB) as senior lender on the elaborate financing structure required to accommodate the complex relationship between the financing parties (that is, EIB, the various commercial banks and the Greek State) on this €1.3bn BOT motorway project. This high-profile project has received many awards including Privatization International's “PPP Deal of the Year”.