Examples of our consultants' experience are as follows:
- Advised an oil major in relation to the procurement and construction of a crude oil pipeline in the Sultanate of Oman, including the drafting of the engineering and construction contract and preparation of related tender documentation.
- Advised an Indian oil company in relation to the construction of a multiproduct pipeline in North Africa on a build-operate-lease-transfer (BOLT) basis and structuring for a prospective project financing.
- Advised an oil major throughout its successful bid to acquire an interest in a subsea pipeline project in the Middle East and its subsequent negotiations for the purchase and related accession arrangements.
- Advised an international energy company in relation to the formation of a joint venture with a government agency and a supermajor to promote a subsea pipeline project.
- Advised an oil major in relation to the financing of a cross-border subsea natural gas pipeline in the Arabian Gulf, involving conventional and Islamic project finance totaling US$3.45 billion. The US$1 billion Islamic tranche was based on an Islamic Istithna'a (commissioned manufacture) instrument and was the largest Shari'ah-compliant funding to be completed in the oil and gas sector at the time.
- Advised a major international energy company on the transportation arrangements for the feedgas for a power plant in Brazil.